My town, my school
• Describe your school: facilities, subjects, services
• Describe the city of Palma
• Ask and give directions in order to find your way in the city.
• Read a map; identify different city landmarks and some of its most emblematic buildings.
• Describe and compare different neighborhoods,
• Identify architectonic styles: Modernism, Gothic:
• Set the boundaries between the old historic city and its development outside the city walls.
• Means of transport within the city.
• Street signs: identify common symbols used in public areas
• Reflect on city life: infrastructure and services.
• Use Web tools webpages, blogs, brochures, maps, photographs, audio, videos, books, Google maps, tourist brochures, materials elaborated by students in previous years, dossiers and worksheets.
• Write a note on how to get to a certain part of town, a short description of your favourite place, a mail to a friend telling him/her about an outing, a summary of a visit, a transcription of an interview to a tourist.
• A set of questions to carry out a project on city life.
• Summarizing information from brochures/web pages/blogs.
Grammar: Prepositions of place and time; there was/there were. adjectives, present and past simple, present continuous, there is / there are, questions words, connectors(and, but, …), indefinite pronouns, how long?, punctuation marks
Vocabulary: the English alphabet, phonemic alphabet, numbers and quantities, sizes and dimensions, houses and cities: rooms, furniture, buildings, shops, services, monuments. Classroom language, compass points, time expressions: days of the week, months, years
Phonetics: phonemic chart, /e/, long and short vowel sounds, silent letters